Experts in roofing, waterproofing and air barriers
Chicagoland Roofing Council Roofing and Waterproofing Firms and their workforce do work at becoming experts in roofing, waterproofing and air barriers.
- Investment in Education - 5 Year Apprenticeship Training – The Chicagoland Roofers’ Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee Leaders continue to innovate in the roofing and waterproofing industry participating in curriculum development and delivery nationwide.
- Chicagoland Roofers Joint Apprenticeship Training Center – With the nation’s Leading Roofing and Waterproofing Training Facility, Chicagoland Roofing Council Contractor Firms and their Workforce stays on the cutting edge of service and technology.
- The Chicagoland Roofers Joint Apprenticeship Training curriculum is a 5-year investment by the companies and individuals to provide an educated workforce for Chicagoland Roofing Council Contractor Firms. The investment results in an educated professional service attitude second to none, and a culture of safety on work at and above grade.
- Journeymen Training is an ongoing investment. Journeymen spend time investing in their career, much like an architect would with continuing education.
- Chicagoland Roofing Council Contractors install all types of roofing and waterproofing assemblies that keep America’s buildings dry. CRC Contractors work on everything from steep slope shingles, slate, tile and wood shakes and wood shingles, to low sloped built-up, modified bitumen, cold and hot liquid and single ply systems to waterproofing and air barriers.
Roofing, Waterproofing and Air Barrier installation is a skilled trade with a culture that understands how to work on the roof at one or 100 stories above grade, below grade, and on the side of buildings.
Technical expertise is required in addition to hard physical work at heights to be a professional roofing worker. The work is very diverse, with every project different than the last. Each worker must pass proficiency tests before becoming a Journeyman roofer, waterproofer and air barrier installer, quantifiably proving their technical expertise.