Each year, since 1988, the Chicagoland Roofing Council Trustees have offered an annual renewable scholarship. This scholarship is awarded annually to a person entering a 4 year accredited college or university, a community college, or a vocational training center.
To qualify for the scholarship, the student must be a high school graduate who is a dependent of a member of a Chicagoland Roofing Council Contractor firm and the United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers Local 11, or CRC Contractor office personnel. Awards are made based on need and aptitude.
Continued funding takes place each year once the scholarship is awarded. Renewal funding after each year requires proof of maintaining a satisfactory progress in a field of study. All persons described above, irrespective of race, gender, creed, or national origin, who satisfy the eligibility requirements and submit a complete application by March 1, 2019, are eligible.
Application requirements include the application form, an official transcript of all high school records, and a completed evaluation form from a high school administrator or faculty member. Finalists must be available for a personal interview, if necessary.
Applications are also available from the Chicagoland Roofing Council Office, 4415 Harrison St., Suite 540, Hillside, IL 60162, or by phone - 708.449.5266
CHICAGOLAND ROOFING COUNCIL SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
The CRC Scholarship Committee reviews applications from prospective scholarship recipients and chooses those who receive the awards.
- Mark Duffy, Elens & Maichin Roofing (Chair)
- Troy Wormley, W.B.R. Roofing
- Chris Adler, Adler Roofing and Sheet Metal, Inc.
- George Patterson, Bennett & Brosseau Roofing
- Tony Roque, MW Powell
- Paul Shah, Anderson & Shah Roofing, Inc.
- Jennalyse Blanford, Knickerbocker Roofing
- Michelle Blanford, Knickerbocker Roofing
- Garrett Blankenship, Combined Roofing
- Ella Coleman, Combined Roofing
- Alexandra Cruz, Pine Roofing
- Fernando Delgado, Riddiford Roofing
- Ryan Klickner, M.W. Powell
- Sandra Molina, A-1 Roofing
- Vanessa Morales, Local 11
- Lynett Ortiz, Bennett & Brosseau
- Ian Perez-Santilan, M.W. Powell